Wednesday 11 April 2012

Bare Minerals Matte Mineral Foundation

Hi everyone! I haven't done a Blog post in agggggges, mainly due to placement and university work but i thought as summer was coming up I would get back into the swing of things...and after some nagging from the boyfriend. Any who, I thought I would kick things off with talking about the Bare Minerals Matte Mineral foundation, a bit of a long winded title! 


I first wanted to try out this foundation because I, in the 7 or so years I've been wearing foundation, have never been truly satisfied with what I've been purchasing. I have only ever had one high end foundation before but unfortunately the woman did a complete botch job with matching to my skin tone and I kind of thought, meh, I'll just stick to drugstore brands. Unfortunately, this lead to me buying product, after product, after product because although I am a huge advocate for saving your pennies, on something like foundation I think you get what you pay for and after all, it is your skin and you want it to look beautiful. 


So, after that rant about how i find it impossible to find a drugstore foundation for my skin tone, colour and type, I'll tell you about Bare Minerals. I purchased mine from Debenhams for £25. Now, that is a little pricey for 6g of product in my opinion, however the lady at the counter assured me a little goes a long way and it should last for 4-6 months. I've only been using mine for a week so time will soon tell. The lady matched the product to my skin in the shade W10- Golden Fair. I have NEVER had a foundation match my skin so well and I normally end up doing the bronzer down my neck trick, which i hate! I'm not extremely pale, I do normally attempt foundations around the golden/beige colours, but this colour is spot on!


I chose the Matter foundation rather than the original because the lady said the original has a dewy/glow effect. Now, my skin is normally quite oily with some dry patches like on the end of my nose so although i love the thought of dewy, glowy skin, i didn't want to end up like a disco ball and went for matte. Bare minerals definition of oily is obviously different to mine because I think I could have gone for the original foundation. I do like the formulation of this foundation but obviously my skin is more dry than I thought and this foundation is VERY matte. I find that unless I use a very rich moisturiser, the product can be difficult to blend into the skin...even with my real techniques buffing brush! I think this is the products one downfall because for a brand who claim to give you a product that is quick and effortless to apply, I don't think spending 15 minutes blending a product into the skin so it doesn't look patchy is quick or effortless. 


Quick note: the brush in the picture is the Bare minerals Handy Buki brush which is meant to help the foundation go from light to medium/heavy coverage as the product is buildable. I personally didn't like it and am disappointed in myself for spending £19 on it. It is almost too dense and i don't think it helped to my blending nightmares, hence i swapped back to my Real Techniques buffing brush. 


Overall I do like this product though, if you can look past the slight blending issues it has a lot of positives! Once it has settled on the skin for a little bit (I recommend 5 minutes before you move on to other face products) it leaves a beautiful and natural finish to the skin. I do think it covers blemishes and red areas nicely and I love the fact that it's buildable. I find that it doesn't cling to the dry patches on my skin and I can vouch that this foundation can go the distance and last all day. 




What are your opinions on the Bare Minerals Matte Foundation?
                                                                                           xXx
   

No comments:

Post a Comment